Indiana Resources (ASX:IDA) is a gold focused Australian exploration company with a strategic position in western Mali and a significant development asset in the Ntaka Hill Nickel Sulphide deposit in south-eastern Tanzania.
The Malian projects consist of the Koussikoto Ouest, Kenieko Nord and Kossanto West licences which are located in the well-endowed Kenieba Province of western Mali, approximately 550 km west of the capital city of Bamako. Indiana is looking to aggressively grow its Malian portfolio going forward.
Koussikoto Ouest Project – Gold
- Assays from reconnaissance drilling produced highly encouraging results including:
- 8m @ 3.37 g/t Au, from 12m
- 5m @ 4.86 g/t Au, from 12m
- 4m @ 2.16 g/t Au, from 4m
- 8m @ 3.00 g/t Au, from 16m, ending in mineralisation
- The licence hosts extensive artisanal gold workings and significant historical drill and trench results
- Licence is located on the Main Transcurrent Zone which is a controlling structure hosting a combined 8 million ounces of Gold
Kenieko Nord Project – Gold
- 2km anomalous strike length of gold-in-soil identified
- Initial drilling yielded broad low-grade results at either end of the anomaly
- Access to drill restricted by active artisanal mining over the central anomaly
- Follow up drilling planned in future campaigns
- The licence is located near to the Senegal-Mali Shear Zone which hosts the world class Sadiola and Yatela mines with a combined 17 million ounces of Gold